Many people are subject to dangerous working conditions due to the toxic gas components used in various industries. First responders, laboratory personnel and dock workers are some of the employee groups that encounter various compounds and situations that might present a high safety risk.
Gasmet offers world-class gas analyzers and is determined to help customers ensure occupational safety with its time- and cost-efficient solutions.
There are several gases that can have adverse short- or long-term health effects. In the worst-case scenario, symptoms develop slowly and occur years after continuous exposure, eventually leading to more serious health problems or even death. Carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, toluene, phosphine and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are just a few of the potential components people might encounter. Due to a wide variety of these components, tools for toxic gas detection and measurements must be reliable and able to detect even unknown gases.
Occupational health and safety applications
- Confined Space Monitoring: Confined spaces, such as silos, tanks and manholes often contain hazardous gases, that present imminent danger for anyone entering or working in them. Pre-entry check and monitoring during the work are mandatory in most instances. To ensure these people’s safety, it’s crucial to have the best available equipment for confined space gas monitoring.
- Container Monitoring: Experience has shown that up to 20% of shipping containers contain toxic gases which can present a health hazard for workers opening or unloading them. These compounds are either the result of the fumigation process or emitted from the goods inside. Accurate and cost-effective shipping container monitoring is necessary to ensure the safety of workers who handle these containers. Every inspection slows down the flow of containers, so getting results from multiple compounds on-site saves time and money.
- First response: HAZMAT and CBRN teams and first responders encounter unknown threats frequently. As it is not always possible to know what you will be encountering in a HAZMAT situation in advance, there is a need for both identification and quantification of gases. Having the best available technology for hazmat sampling in these situations is like life insurance which ensures everyone’s safety.
- Industrial hygiene: Indoor air quality is a key part of industrial hygiene, and it can be affected by many factors, for example, gases, particulates, and microbial contaminants. Components such as waste anesthetic gases, carbon monoxide and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can have adverse short- or long-term health effects on the people in, for example, laboratories or production rooms. Therefore, monitoring and analyzing indoor air is important to assess these potential health impacts.
- Fire and Material Testing: The sampling and analysis of fire effluents is an important part of assessing both the environmental impact and threat to life caused by fires. Fire and material testing present a challenge for the analytical equipment used to measure the gases. The amount of species and concentrations of interest is very large, and the harsh environment presented by the fire effluents can be a test for the sampling.
Not sure if our solutions cover your application? Contact our experts or local distributor directly here.
Tools for Hazardous Gas Monitoring
Our goal is to provide tools that ensure the safety of working and living environments. We develop and provide technology that can have a significant impact on reducing dangerous situations and even fatalities. Being able to measure multiple gases simultaneously, adding new components without hardware changes and getting results on-site are some of the most important advantages offered by Gasmet’s portable gas analyzers.
With Gasmet’s gas analyzers, such as the GT5000 Terra, it is possible to measure 50 gas components simultaneously, and there is no need for separate sampling. This creates immense time savings as the results can be viewed immediately. Avoiding separate sampling is also cost-effective as no consumables are required for the sampling process. Being able to analyze the samples later for any unknown components with the help of our vast sample library helps identify and quantify all possible threats. The wireless operation ensures the safety of the user in different scenarios, for example, when facing hazardous materials incidents. The quick set-up and ability to get results in seconds help users make informed decisions on the field.
Complete Solution – Gas Analyzer and Software
Gasmet’s gas analyzer represents the optimal solution between fully automated data evaluation and manual IR spectrum assessment. The robust, reliable and easy-to-use analyzer can be operated with the Calcmet software on a Windows tablet or laptop. The software collects, stores and visualizes the FTIR spectra of the sample gas and analyzes the concentrations of gas components. This software is designed to maximize portability and ease of use, enabling one-click measurements and immediate results.
FTIR Technology for Gas Analysis
Gasmet gas analyzers are based on FTIR technology, which stands for Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. What makes FTIR incomparable to many other techniques is the fact that all gases are measured by scanning the same infrared spectrum. This enables the easy addition of new gases and gas ranges to the analysis without any changes to the hardware or without changing the analyzer. It also means that it is possible to analyze, identify and quantify even more gas components after the initial measurements. This makes FTIR time- and cost-effective since there is no need to send samples to a third-party laboratory as the results are immediately ready for analysis.
Why Choose Gasmet?
The purchase of a portable FTIR gas analyzer can be a significant investment, and it requires a lot of time and effort to go through all of the options available on the market. Customers choose partners who best understand their changing needs and offer continuous support. We understand these needs and offer flexible and proven solutions that benefit you by meeting all of your gas analysis needs. We help you choose the right technology and solutions to ensure a worthwhile investment while offering world-class after-sales services provided by our vast partner network.
Service and after-sales support
Gasmet works with you to provide a high level of service tailored to meet your specific needs. We can offer this by making sure we have access to the required skills and ensuring a timely response. To reach this goal, we continuously invest in training our highly skilled workforce, which enables our engineers to provide the level of support our customers have come to expect. Our distributor network helps us with this task.
Global customer base
Gasmet has successfully delivered gas analyzers all around the world. We have a proven track record in providing top-of-the-line solutions for various applications, from contaminated land surveys to waste anesthetic gas monitoring.
Read our customer cases:
Accurate gas measurements pave the way for safe and efficient customs practises
Waste anesthetic gas analysis improves health care environment across US southwest
Train derailment prompts contaminated land investigation
Analyzer underpins the growth of container inspection company
FTIR gas analyzers support the management of fire at UK waste facility
Gas analyzer builds complete picture of contamination