Engine Emissions Monitoring system (EEMS)
The Gasmet engine emissions monitoring system EEMS has been designed engine emissions monitoring which require for fast response time. A typical application for Gasmet EEMS consists of H2O, CO2, CO, N2O, NO, NO2, SO2, HCl, HF, NH3, CH4, C2H6, C3H8, and C2H4, but it can be easily configured for a new set of compounds and/or calibration ranges.
Gasmet EEMS has a CX4000 analyzer with special small volume sample cell, a fast data transfer using RS422 protocol, and a powerful pump inside the sampling system. These factors contribute to a fast response time. In Figure 1, the response time of Gasmet EEMS is depicted.
The Gasmet EEMS is used for on-line measurements. It is an ideal tool to use for measuring trace concentrations of pollutants in wet, corrosive gas streams. All parts of the Gasmet EEMS are be heated up to 180 ºC. It can be used for undiluted gases and the sample gases do not need drying beforehand.
The Gasmet EEMS consists of Gasmet CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer, Gasmet industrial PC, and Gasmet sampling system. As an option, the system can be equipped with Gasmet oxygen analyzer and/or with total hydrocarbon analyzer (FID). All parts of the system are 19” rack mounted and are installed on the pull-out shelves. The Gasmet EEMS includes all power connections and temperature controllers for heated lines and heated sample probe. The operation of the system is fully automatic and controlled by the Calcmet software. Additionally, all functions of the Gasmet EEMS can also be used manually.
The Gasmet industrial PC and Calcmet application software control EEMS. The measuring data can be transferred from the industrial PC to the control room with digital outputs (Modbus) or with analog outputs 4–20 mA. The alarms are transferred with relay contact. The Gasmet EEMS provides different alarm functions such as Function alarm, Service alarm, and System alarm. Function and service alarms are associated with the Gasmet FTIR gas analyzer and with the Calcmet analysis software. System alarm comes from Gasmet sampling system and it includes temperature alarms (from sample probe, heated lines, and sampling unit), flow alarm, and pressure alarm for zero gas. If any of the critical alarms is activated, instrument air starts to flow automatically into the system to prevent condensation. Standard EEMS is also equipped with a one span gas valve to allow automated span checks.
- GasmetTM CX4000 FTIR analyzer
- GasmetTM industrial computer and RS422 protocol
- CalcmetTM PRO software extension for fast measurements
- Special sampling system
- Heated sampling lines, filter and probe
- FID and oxygen analyzers (optional)
- Extremely fast due to small size sample cell, RS422 protocol, and effective sampling pump
- Turn-key solution for engine emissions monitoring
- Up to 50 components at the same time: hydrocarbons up to C8, BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylenes) and other VOCs
- No need for liquid nitrogen cooling of the MCT detector, advances in Peltier cooled MCT detectors allow fast measurements with low noise levels
AREAS OF APPLICATIONS
- Vehicle exhaust measurements
- Catalytic & combustion research
- Gas purity tests
- Other demanding research applications