CEMS II e system
Gasmet™ CEMS II is a modular construction that typically comprises of Gasmet™ CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer, heated sampling unit, industrial PC and a Zirconia oxygen analyzer which are installed in an air-conditioned cabin. All modules are 19" rack mounted in pull-out shelves for easy accessibility & service.
Gasmet™ CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer allows the simultaneous measurement of up to 50 gas compounds. CX4000 FTIR has a multi-pass sample cell which is heated to 180 °C and features rhodium-gold plated mirrors.
The hot-extractive sampling system consists of a heated sample gas probe, heated sample lines and heated sample pump unit. Two-stage particle filtration is used in order to remove particles from the sample gas. The sample pump unit includes gas connections for the CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer, optional O2 analyzer, and span & zero gas.
The industrial PC is used processing & storing the sample spectra with Calcmet™ software. The Calcmet™ software analyzes the sample spectrum using sophisticated analysis algorithms. Cross-interference from other gases is automatically taken into account in the analysis settings of each compound. Since water content of the sample gas is measured, the results can be reported on either “wet” or “dry” basis. With Gasmet™ CEMS, TOC can be measured without an additional FID analyzer (as a sum of individual hydrocarbons).
Comprehensive I/O functions make possible to connect CEMS II into all kind of automation or reporting systems. Measuring data and alarms can be transferred from Gasmet CEMS II to other systems with analog or digital format. Gasmet CEMS II is also equipped with analog / digital inputs for external data (other analyzers or process).
Gasmet CEMS II provides different alarm functions such as System alarm, Service request, Maintenance on progress (can be set also manually), Concentration alarm, and Result valid. Combination for each alarm can be set on Calcmet. If any of the critical alarm is activated, instrument air starts to flow automatically into the system to prevent condensation.
With FTIR measurement technology there is no need to do any span or re-calibrations, only zero calibration with nitrogen every 24 hours. Automated span checks are also supported as standard.
Typical application is H2O, CO2, CO, N2O, NO, NO2, SO2, HCl, HF, NH3, CH4, C2H6, C3H8, and C2H4 monitoring from a waste incinerator or large combustion plants. Measured components and calibration ranges can be changed according to the application.The Gasmet CEMS II is an ideal tool to use for measuring trace concentrations of pollutants in wet, corrosive gas streams. All parts of the Gasmet CEMS II are be heated up to 180 ºC. It can be used for undiluted gases and the sample gases do not need drying beforehand.
The Gasmet CEMS II includes all power connections and temperature controllers for heated lines and heated sample probe. The operation of the system is fully automatic and controlled by the Calcmet software. Additionally, all functions of CEMS II can be controlled manually.
Gasmet CEMS II is air conditioned with a compressor cooling unit on top of the cabinet. Cabinet includes ready-made through-leading rubbers on each side and top of the cabinet for all cables and lines. Gasmet CEMS II is also supported by full remote control. The Gasmet CEMS II FTIR has a very low cost of ownership; the equipment is extremely well designed, and requires very little maintenance. The system also has a number of inbuilt failsafe devices to protect the instrument from potential damage.
- GasmetTM CX4000 FTIR analyzer (or GasmetTM CX4015)
- GasmetTM industrial computer including TFT display and keyboard
- GasmetTM sampling system including gas inlets for sample, span & zero gas and instrument air
- Cabinet with AC unit on top or backdoor
- CEM signal interface
- ZrO2 oxygen analyzer (optional)
- Sample probe and heated sampling lines
- Low need for maintenance
- No span calibrations required (automated span checks possible)
- Hot-extractive-sampling; no sample loss or change of composition
- Capability to water soluble compounds like HCl, HF, NH3, etc.
- TOC (Total Organic Carbon) measured with FTIR
- Fully automated measurement system with comprehensive safety functions
- Ready for future requirements - new compounds can be added without any hardware changes
- Fully modular system built to customer specification
TYPICAL AREAS OF APPLICATIONS
- Waste Incineration Plants (monitoring of H2O, CO2, CO, NOx, SO2, HCl, HF, TOC, O2)
- Cement kilns (as above)
- Power plants with De-NOx systems (monitoring of slip NH3 & SO2, NOx, CO, O2)
- N2O monitoring at nitric acid plants
- Brick and glass manufacturing
- Aluminum and steel smelters
- Greenhouse gas emissions of wastewater treatment
TÜV (17th BlmSchV) and MCERTS certified. Fully compliant with U.S. EPA 40 CFR Part 60 Appendix b Performance Specification 15 (Extractive FTIR Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems in Stationary Sources).