This position is in Gasmet’s R&D team. You will deal with diverse technical challenges around developing optical measuring equipment. Refining theories and planning test programs is a big part of your responsibility. Routinely analyzing test data and making logical conclusions helps us reaching our goals in various stages of development. As an R&D engineer, you will constantly encounter, familiarize yourself and contribute to new technical solutions that are part of our technology. In this technical position you will be able to use variety of technical skills and develop new ones. By the result of broad field problem solving, you will take a deep dive that reveals the fascinating technology and methods of gas analysis and its instrumentation. In the process, you will become a specialist of this novel field of science.
At Gasmet’s R&D, we get our hands on the prototypes, as we validate our design rounds in our own laboratory. After the development stage, we set up production in our own facility and support the stakeholders processes throughout the lifecycle of the product. At Gasmet’s international R&D team, you get to see the results of your work!
Our R&D projects are cross-functional between professionals from fields of optical spectroscopy, physics, chemistry, mechanics, electronics, automation, software and IoT, all with a goal of developing new and better Gasmet products and services. Opportunities for broad scope of responsibility are built into the job, plus we guarantee you will not spend a day with us without learning a new thing or two.
We expect from you
- Suitable higher degree education in natural sciences or technology, for example M.Sc in physics
- Great problem solving and logical decision making abilities
- Capability of completing parallel projects under pressure
- Self driven attitude
- Innovative, yet hands on approach
- Organized working methods
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Positive, optimistic and constructive attitude
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Don’t worry, if you didn’t tick all the boxes above! We could just as well find you a perfect candidate if you instead have some of the following:
- Advanced technical hobbies
- Electronics or coding experience
- Optics design experience
- Measurement equipment experience
- Track record of projects, innovations or accomplishments of relevance for the position
- Enthusiasm to become specialist in spectroscopy, gas analysis, or optical measurement technologies
Minimum couple of years experience from relevant field of technology
We offer you
- Role in a friendly, mid-size team where everybody knows each other and locates under the same roof
- Permanent full-time work in international and inspiring work environment
- A unique place to work with the best technology in the industry
- Flexible working hours with dynamic and skilled colleagues in a growing company
- Modern work environment in Vantaa Piispankylä combined with flexible remote work plan
If you’re the person we’re looking for, send by latest January 17th 2022 your CV and Application firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add also your salary request in the application.