Japan Sales Manager
Gasmet Technologies is a Finnish high technology company that develops, manufactures and markets FTIR gas analyzers and monitoring systems for industrial, environmental and safety applications. Worldwide, the company’s customers include, but are not limited to, power plants, waste incinerators, first responders and universities.
Our mission is to provide solutions that help improve air quality, protect the environment, help in the fight against climate change, and save lives.
In the field of gas analysis, Gasmet has established a global reputation for innovative, customer-driven and reliable solutions, with a heavy emphasis on high levels of technical support.
As an employer Gasmet offers an international and flexible working environment where high-tech meets global real-life challenges. If you can share this mission, and you are a team player but not afraid of individual responsibilities; you’re probably the right person to work at Gasmet!
With ambitious growth plans, Gasmet is a technology group from Helsinki founded in 1990, consisting of the parent company and five subsidiaries which are located at strategic locations around the world. In total we have around 115 personnel and in 2018 the revenue of the group was 21,2 M€. Gasmet operates in more than 80 countries covering all continents.
- Business development for Gasmet products in Japan market
- Support existing sales channels and expand Gasmet’s Japan distributor network for a variety of gas analysis applications, from industry to research and safety markets
- Promote Gasmet actively to interested parties and build Gasmet brand awareness in Japan
- Product demonstrations and training
- Visiting customers regularly and building good relationships
- Application and product support
- Collect up-to-date market information, develop understanding of market needs, trends and hard requirements related Gasmet focus applications
- Based on the market information, develop an actionable plan on how to achieve certifications and approvals for Gasmet products in Japan and communicate the plan to Gasmet Asia Pacific office as well as Gasmet headquarters
- For Japan Sales Manager, the candidate must be a native Japanese speaker based in Japan (or Hong Kong as secondary location)
- Fluency in English language
- University degree in some Technical discipline – for example, chemistry, chemical engineering, instrumentation or automation, environmental engineering
- Experience in B2B sales and in working with sales channels
- Practical technical experience is valued – ability to understand local standards and regulations together with certification mechanism is necessary
- Candidate’s relevant experience may override our educational background requirements
- Ability to connect with environmental and standardization authorities in Japan
- Systematic approach and good communications skills
- Initiative, able to work independently and under pressure
- Willing to travel
- Reporting to managing director in Gasmet Asia Pacific office in Hong Kong
We offer you
- Permanent full-time work in international and inspiring work environment
- A unique place to work with the best technology in the industry
- Dynamic and skilled colleagues in a growing company
- Flexible work environment, working from home (if based in Japan)
If you want to be part of a growing and dynamic company with world leading products and have a genuine passion for sales and business development, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 30th January 2020. Please add also your salary request in the application.