We are now looking for Computational specialist for spectral analytics
This position is in Gasmet’s R&D team. You will contribute to the development of our optical measurement devices, and their applications, by designing and improving analytical methods. Designing, performing and analyzing gas analysis test measurements and setups is also a big part of your responsibility. You will make logical conclusions from test data collected by yourself or the rest of the R&D team. Routinely using spectroscopy for computational method development helps us reaching our goals in various stages of development. As a computational specialist, you will use and familiarize yourself with technology from the top of our field. In this technical position you will be able to use variety of analytical skills and develop new ones.
You will take a deep dive that reveals the fascinating technology and methods of gas analysis and its instrumentation. In the process, you will become a specialist of this novel field of science. At Gasmet’s R&D, we get our hands on the prototypes, as we validate our design rounds in our own laboratory. After the development stage, we set up production in our own facility and support the stakeholders processes throughout the lifecycle of the product. At Gasmet’s international R&D team, you get to see the results of your work!
Our R&D projects are cross-functional between professionals from fields of optical spectroscopy, physics, chemistry, mechanics, electronics, automation, software and IoT, all with a goal of developing new and better Gasmet products and services. Opportunities for broad scope of responsibility are built into the job, plus we guarantee you will not spend a day with us without learning a new thing or two.
We hope to find someone with:
- Suitable higher degree education in natural sciences or technology, for example M.Sc in physics, chemistry, math or computer science
- Experience and knowledge of scientific computing, modelling or simulation
- Interest to work also hands on in laboratory environment
- Some touch to spectroscopy
- Programming capabilities, for example in Python or C++
- Great problem solving and logical decision making abilities
- Capability of completing parallel tasks under pressure
- Self driven attitude
- Organized working methods
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Positive, optimistic and constructive attitude
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Don’t worry, if you didn’t tick all the boxes above! We could just as well find you a perfect candidate if you instead have some combination of the following:
- Enthusiasm to become specialist in spectroscopy and gas analysis
- Broad experience on data analysis
- Relevant measurement equipment design experience
- Advanced, relevant technical hobbies
- Track record of projects, innovations or accomplishments of relevance for the position
We offer you
- Role in a friendly, mid-size team where everybody knows each other and locates under the same roof
- Permanent full-time work in international and inspiring work environment
- A unique place to work with the best technology in the industry
- Flexible working hours with dynamic and skilled colleagues in a growing company
- Modern work environment in Vantaa Piispankylä combined with flexible remote work plan
If you’re the person we’re looking for, send by latest October 17th 2022 your CV and application to email@example.com. Please add also your salary request in the application.