Gasmet™ CEMS is used for continuous emissions monitoring in waste incinerators and cement plants. In addition, various process monitoring applications are also possible. Typically, concentrations of H2O, CO2, CO, SO2, NO, NO2, N2O, HCl, HF, NH3, O2 and TOC (Total Organic Carbon) are continuously measured with the Gasmet™ CEMS. The Gasmet™ CEMS has been also certified by TÜV (17th BlmSchV) and MCERTS. It also fulfills the requirements of QAL 1 according to EN 14181 and EN ISO 14956.
Gasmet™ CEMS is a modular construction that typically comprises of Gasmet™ CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer, heated sampling unit, industrial PC and a ZrO2 – oxygen analyzer which are installed in an air-conditioned cabin. All modules are 19’’ rack mounted in pull-out shelves for easy accessibility & service. Gasmet™ CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer can also be equipped with a TDL (Tunable Diode Laser) O2 - measurement module.
Gasmet™ CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer allows the simultaneous measurement of up to 50 gas compounds. CX4000 FTIR has a multipass sample cell which is heated to 180 C and features rhodium-gold plated mirrors.
The hot-extractive sampling system consists of a heated sample gas probe, heated sample lines and heated sample pump unit. Two-stage particle filtration is used in order to remove particles from the sample gas. The sample pump unit includes gas connections for the CX4000 FTIR gas analyzer, optional O2 & FID analyzers and span & zero gas.
The industrial PC is used processing & storing the sample spectra with Calcmet™ - software. The Calcmet™ software analyzes the sample spectrum using sophisticated analysis algorithms. Cross-interference from other gases is automatically taken into account in the analysis settings of each compound. Since water content of the sample gas is measured, the results can be reported on either “wet” or “dry” basis. With Gasmet™ CEMS, TOC can be measured without an additional FID – analyzer (as a sum of individual hydrocarbons).
From the industrial computer, the analysis results can be transferred with analog 4 – 20 mA outputs and various digital protocols (e.g. MODBUS, PROFIBUS). Alarms can be transferred with relay contacts. The Gasmet™ CEMS also provides different alarm functions. If any of the critical alarms is activated, instrument air starts to flow automatically into the system to prevent condensation.
With FTIR measurement technology there is no need to do any span or re-calibrations, only zero calibration with nitrogen every 24 hours. Automated span checks are also supported as standard.
- Low need for maintenance
- No span calibrations required (automated span checks possible)
- Hot-extractive-sampling; no sample loss or change of composition
- Capability to water soluble compounds like HCl, HF, NH3, etc.
- TOC (Total Organic Carbon) measured with FTIR – no need for a separated FID
- Fully automated measurement system with comprehensive safety functions
- Ready for future requirements - new compounds can be added without any hardware changes
- Fully modular system built to customer specification
- TÜV (17th BlmSchV) and MCERTS certfied
- Fully compliant with U.S. EPA 40 CFR Part 60 Appendix b Performance Specification 15 (Extractive FTIR Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems in Stationary Sources)